19th – 21st July 2018
Rev Daniel Cheang
Course Description: This course gives an overview of two thousand years of Church History. Students will observe that Christianity of the first century A.D. had its roots in Judaism. It was all Jewish until the second century when it had become mostly Gentile. It will be shown how that a Greek and Roman mindset replaced the Hebraic mindset and affected tremendously the history of Christianity. The course acquaints the student with the characteristics of the true church as revealed in the Book of Acts. Focus will be on how the church through the centuries went through several cycles of revival, apostasy and revival again. Attention is given to important leaders and significant issues throughout the centuries. Finally, consideration will be given to the signs of the times pointing to the soon return of Jesus Christ. That event will usher in a glorious eternal future for the church.
Learning Goals & Objectives:
Upon completion of this class, you will understand:
- Be able to list many characteristics of the true church as revealed in the Scriptures, particularly in the book of Acts.
- Be able to give several good reasons for learning the history of Christianity.
- Know why it is difficult to bring reform and have real revival in a church institution that is in bondage to unscriptural traditions.
- Be able to relate the six periods of church history and some significant events and important leaders in each period.
23rd – 25th August 2018
Rev Genevieve Lau
This course provides an in-depth insight into the fall of man and redemptive work of Christ. This course also provides an in-depth look at “In Christ” realities, what we have become, what we have, and what we can do as a result of our relationship in Christ. The topic on the present day ministry of Christ and the importance of faith will be discussed also.
Learning Outcomes & Objectives:
Upon completion of this course, students will understand:
- The meaning of redemption
- Why man needs a Redeemer and God’s promise of Him
- The earth walk of Jesus
- The trial of Jesus
- The cross and its significance
- The three days and three nights
- The resurrection and its significance
- What happened during the forty days after His resurrection
- The present day ministry of Jesus
- By Faith we receive
Sign up for Rhema today!
Don’t miss out on being part of this exciting Bible Study with the church!